Membership in OGWA offers you an opportunity to utilize your skills and talents and to develop new ones. OGWA is a trade association of people like you who have increased their ability to successfully meet business challenges.
- Lobbyist: OGWA employs a lobbyist to work with Oregon legislators to protect the interests of the groundwater industry in Oregon.
- Government Affairs Committee: Works with lobbyist to actively track legislation in Oregon and organize advocacy to give members a voice with legislators.
- Oregon Water Resources Department: OGWA participates in Department rulemaking and groundwater advisory committees to provide ensure the groundwater industry input.
- Access a full list of OGWA advocacy activities and accomplishments on behalf of its members over the years here.
- OGWA is an affiliate state member of the National Ground Water Association. For more information on NGWA click here.
- OGWA is a member of the Water Quality Association. For more information on WQA, click here.
- Large savings on OGWA Bi-Annual seminars, providing fourteen CEU credits per seminar to keep your license current, and invaluable in-person education from veterans in the industry and instructors hand-picked by your fellow groundwater professionals. (Descriptions of annual events can be found here).
- Fuel Discounts: OGWA partners with Supervised Fuels to provide its members with the opportunity to pool their collective buying power to access lower fuel rates. See details here.
- Legal: Schroeder Law Offices, P.C. provides a free one-hour consultation to OGWA members or referrals from a member. OGWA members also receive up to a 5% discount on Schroeder legal fees.
OGWA members, family, employees, or direct family of employees are eligible for two scholarships, awarded annually each spring. Details can be found here.
- OGWA members receive periodic electronic bulletins, containing updates on current groundwater issues, and OGWA events.
- OGWA members receive email communications to provide time sensitive information relevant to the groundwater industry.
- Manufacture & Supplier Exhibition: Held at OGWA’s Spring Technical Seminar every odd numbered year, providing Manufacturing & Supply members exclusive access to attendees.
- OGWA members have the opportunity to serve as sponsors of annual conferences as outlined here.