OGWA Activities and Accomplishments
OGWA was the driving force behind establishing the Oregon Well Log Query in the early 1990’s
- Instrumental in establishing the well inspection program in the early 1990’s
- Supported the Ashland Drilling vs Jackson County Case
- Jackson County attempted to establish their own jurisdiction and rules for water well drilling
- Always fighting to keep start card and other fees in check
- Ongoing OGWA active presence on all GWAC committees
- Established a RAC and participated in drafting Ground Source Heat Pump boring rules in Oregon in 2010.
- Heavy RAC participation in the Mosier area special well construction standards
- Worked with OWRD as well as industry mfg., suppliers and contractors to expand the use of Bentonite for well abandonments and seal use in Oregon.
- Instituted an apprenticeship program in Oregon for Water Treatment Licensing
- During the 2019 legislative session the OGWA introduced (House Bill) HB 2331
- Groundwater Day at the Capitol for many legislative sessions